* Please note that the links below when clicked will take you to other websites.
Revolutionary War Themed Local History Museums:
- Keeler Tavern Museum in Ridgefield, CT
- Putnam’s Cottage / Knapp’s Tavern Museum in Greenwich, CT
- Friends of Fort Trumbull
Research Resources Available Online:
- Redding, Connecticut’s role in the Revolutionary War
- Connecticut Colonial Records
- Connecticut American Revolution Sites Connecticut Society of the Sons of the American Revolution (SAR)
- Why the Revolution Occurred – a very good timeline of events that led to the colonist revolt, what happenned during it and how our nation was formed.
- Battles of the Revolutionary War – Awesome resource showing you dates, locations and winners and losers.
- Uniforms of the Revolutionary War
- Revolutionary War Finances
- Paper Money and Inflation
- Life and Death Aboard British Prison Ships
- Names of Prisoners who died on British Prison Ships
- Washington, George, 1732-1799. The writings of George Washington from the original manuscript sources: Volume 13 Electronic Text Center, University of Virginia Library
- The Complete General Orders of George Washington October 2, 1778 to 1780
- Religion and the Revolution The Revolution split some denominations, notably the Church of England, whose ministers were bound by oath to support the King, and the Quakers, who were traditionally pacifists.